- Duke University
- University of Richmond
Juris Doctor; magna cum laude
T.C. Williams School of Law
- All Virginia State Courts
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U. S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Robert W. “Rob” Partin is a native of Chesterfield County, and has practiced law in Richmond and Central Virginia for more than twenty years. Rob offers clear and supportive guidance in family law matters and serves business owners with astute legal advice. He handles pre-marital agreements, separation agreements, wills and trusts, and divorce cases with diligence and attention to detail. As a friend in business, Rob has helped contractors navigate construction law with efficiency and strength.
When supporting families, Rob typically represents high-net-worth individuals in divorce and related matters, such as spousal support, equitable distribution, valuation of closely held businesses, child support, custody, and visitation. He understands the unique and complex legal needs of affluent clientele and provides the tailored collaboration and in-depth knowledge that helps foster meaningful outcomes. At every step, Rob serves with thoughtfulness, care, and respect for the emotional aspects of family law.
As a former Marine officer, Rob also brings first-hand insights when addressing the specific challenges faced by military families. He offers complete consultative support on divorce and entitlements to military benefits, including military retirement.
Rob also draws on his prior experience as a contractor to support clients in construction law matters. He has offered guidance to owners, architects, subcontractors, and suppliers in disputes related to private and government contracts. Whether in need of business guidance or family law support, Rob can help you look forward, stay on track, and come out ahead.
- Represented clients in family law matters before Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, Circuit Courts, Virginia Court of Appeals, and Virginia Supreme Court
- Represented stay-at-home mothers who have survived domestic violence in difficult and emotionally charged custody and visitation cases.
- Represented a national roofing contractor in a dispute regarding the installation of custom metal and membrane roofs
- Represented a local electrical contractor in a sub-subcontractor installation dispute
- AV rated (highest possible rating)
- Super Lawyers in Family Law, 2011 – Present
- Virginia Business magazine “Legal Elite” in Family Law/Domestic Relations
2010 – 2017